Monday, October 25, 2010

Je Suis Une GoGo Girl

Hello again my friends,

After a long week of work, I have returned with a new group that are prepared to shake and rattle the balls of the indie music scene.

The LimiƱanas' new single, "Je Suis Une GoGo Girl," has me at a loss at words when it comes to describing it. The French duo bring garage pop and neo-psychadelic vibes together as one and creates a sound with influences that cannot be pinned to just one genre or decade. It is a shame that their Myspace only has 319 plays for the song. "I'm Dead" is a close second favorite of mine and has also drawn more critical acclaim, but still nowhere near as much as the duo should be getting.

The LimiƱanas sound like a calmer, French, version of the Dandy Warhols in a way but give me hope that the neo-psychadelic rock scene is not dead.

Stay golden,

Brian Farrell

1 comment:

  1. Nice find man, I dig it! Another cool French pop band I've come across is Revolver, check them out

    http://www.myspace.com/popdechambre

    -Dimitri

    ReplyDelete