Tuesday, January 25, 2011

GIVERS

Hello all,

I just attended the Ra Ra Riot concert at the Great American Music Hall on Saturday with absolutely no knowledge of the opener's name or music. I was a little bummed because I originally thought Pepper Rabbit (who you should also check out) was opening but they are only playing two shows with Ra Ra Riot in Oregon this week. So Givers, a band from Lafayette, LA, was set up open.

I soon learned that Givers had toured with the Dirty Projectors and also Ra Ra Riot and had played SXSW before as well. Fronted by Taylor Guarisco on guitar/vocals and Tif Lamson doing percussion/ukelele/vocals as well, Givers plays with an overwhelming energy that my friends and I instantly fell in love with. With guitar that sounds a little Vampire Weekend-esque, and an extremely talented drummer in Kirby Campbell, Givers puts on a show that has crowds with no previous knowledge of them instantly jumping and dancing.

Their recordings are solid but do not do justice to their frenzied and enchanting live performance. GO SEE THEM LIVE.

Stay golden,

Brian

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Falling in love with Givers over and over again. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Charlotte btw B. I forgot this was my name on blogspot....

    ReplyDelete